Sunday, July 3, 2011

Samuel's 8th Reflection

Reflection for Hospice visit on the 30th of June

Today, the four of us, Andrew, Jue Fei, Leon and I made our way down to the hospice for our weekly visit. Joseph was unable to make it down today as he was attending his compulsory Chinese remedial. It was raining for almost the whole of today. As such, when the four of us reached the hospice, the students for Hwa Chong Institution were not there to conduct their programme yet. On hindsight, it was actually the first time we had arrived and there was no one to conduct any programmes there - the hospice was quiet for once and there was a somewhat different feel to it. We began to talk to our friends there as we always have and Jo, one of the workers there, introduced us to a few other quieter patients and I talked to some of them instead of just talking to my friend like I would have on some weeks. I guess today was productive to some extent, with Jue Fei and Andrew finalising on their patients they were going to base our report on. Leon's friend, Diana, was absent for today and so was Joseph's patient. I took some photos with my patient today and helped Jue Fei, Andrew and Leon take some with other patients too. I believe the photos will show just how much we enjoyed the hospice visit. As these pictures were taken by my mobile phone, I do apologise if the quality is a bit lower than expected.

-Samuel



No comments:

Post a Comment