Wednesday, May 25, 2011

RE Reflections 5 19/5 - Samuel

The time had finally come for us to continue our hospice visits from whence we had left off. Our exams were over and this was our first visit back to the hospice. When we reached the hospice, we had a little chat with Valiant over the progress of our project and our relationships with the various friends we were working with. Soon after, we went about looking for our friends. Joseph and Jue Fei’s friends were absent and so they remained in the waiting place brainstorming on various ideas for our project. Andrew was absent on this meeting. Both Leon’s patient as well as mine were both coincidentally having physio-therapy together in a room so we both went in to interact with them during the course of their treatment. Although the treatment was meant for them to exercise, I could feel that they were also enjoying themselves too. Soon after, we proceeded to the main room for tea and further small talk between us and our friends there at the hospice. That day, I learnt about my friend’s views on education. I told her that we had not been going to the hospice for the last few weeks because of our exams. She then told me that in the event that I needed to study, I should not come down to the hospice. She said that education is very important and that although it was really good that we could go down to interact with them every week, education still came first. She then went on to further emphasize the importance of education in finding a job at these current times. She even told me that her second son was someone who was not good at studying and thus dropped out when he was secondary 3. I felt that this was an important visit because through this visit, I got to know my friend’s views on education as well as her advice on how I should prioritize the various things in my life. After that, Joseph and Jue Fei helped out on the buses while Leon and I walked to the MRT and went home. It was indeed an enriching hospice visit that day.
-Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment