Friday, July 8, 2011

Reflections

I felt that overall as a group, this week’s trip to the hospice went pretty well. The patients seemed to enjoy the songs performed by the group that came down (Taurus Insurance I think) very much, and I’m sure they must have taken up quite a bit of time to prepare for it! Personally, it was a pretty big letdown though, considering the fact that the patient that I was with or my friend wasn’t present again. I ended up helping out with the other activities in the hospice, like the clearing of the plates, helping with the wheelchairs, etc etc. This still would be benefitting the hospice patients though. We didn’t have much time together with the patients there either today. However, it seemed like the other three members of our group who came today managed to talk to their friends over there pretty well. I don’t really feel comfortable talking about my feelings about the patient I was with possibly passing away, but I shall continue praying and hoping for him. I can safely say that the time spent today wasn’t a waste overall though.

No comments:

Post a Comment